With everything going on in the real estate market today, many homeowners are choosing to renovate their current homes rather than move. If this sounds familiar, you’ve come to the right place. From new cabinets to walk-in pantries, we’ve rounded up our favorite kitchen remodel ideas.
We’ll go over a few kitchen remodel tips you can incorporate into your kitchen transformation. From the floor to the light fixtures, think of this as your go-to kitchen remodel guide. Let us help you transform your kitchen into your dream space.
1. Resurface or Replace Your CabinetryYour cabinets are the focal point of your kitchen. If you have outdated cabinetry this is the time for a refresh. You may want to replace your kitchen cabinets altogether.
If you have a bad layout, poorly thought-out design or a space that just doesn’t work for you, new cabinets are likely the better route. You can replace them all, move cabinets, move appliances, and set yourself up for a fresh new layout.
If you like your existing space and your cabinets are in good shape, a refresh will save you time and money. We can re-stain or repaint your cabinets for less waste. Sometimes, high-quality cabinets just need a little facelift to bring them up to modern times.
Your entire kitchen is transformed with a cabinet makeover. You’ll also be able to choose the shelves, drawers, and other cabinet accessories you’ve always wanted. Kitchens are still one of the best places to boost the value of your home.
2. Change Your BacksplashYour backsplash is a great place to add a touch of style to your kitchen. This is where you can have some fun and tie the entire space together. This is also where you’re adding some much-needed function if you haven’t already had a backsplash here.
In your kitchen, a backsplash is great for water, spills, grease, and everyday kitchen messes. It protects your walls, your counter, and more from the mess of everyday life. More importantly, however, it really adds style to your kitchen.
For some, this is a background space that you prefer to be muted. For others, you want a backsplash that stands out. Give it a fun pattern or a pop of color to really make the tile the star.
3. Refresh Your TileIf you have outdated, broken, or chipped tile in your kitchen, now is the time to get rid of it. Not only does it look terrible, it also isn’t safe. You could end up hurting yourself, your family members, and the integrity of your home.
Replacing your tile is not only practical, but it will completely change the look of your room. In a kitchen, you can use your tile to create a beautiful base for your beautiful new kitchen. This versatile flooring stands up to kids, pets, water, and more.
Unlike wood, with a new tile floor, you won’t have to worry about spills and kitchen messes. This is great for kitchens off backyards, garages, and mudrooms as well.
4. Re-PaintPaint is one of the easiest ways to give your home a new look. You can not only use paint to change the color of your walls but also to change the style of your room. In a kitchen, you can use paint to create a beautiful accent wall.
For a small expense, paint goes a long way. New paint will also help make your home feel larger and more open. Your space will feel cleaner, lighter, brighter, and like an entirely new room.
5. Replace Your Hardware and Light FixturesYour hardware and light fixtures are easy upgrades that will transform the look of your home. These are also quicker renovations than additions or knocking down walls. If your space just needs a little updating, consider changing your hardware, fixtures, and lighting.
You can change out cabinet pulls, faucets, lights, and more. Whether it’s your kitchen or your bathroom, these updates really make your space stand out. They can also take a dated room and make them look instantly updated.
6. Add a Walk-in or Butler’s PantryIn a kitchen remodel, storage is a must. If you don’t have a pantry already, a kitchen remodel is a great time to add one. You can make the ultimate walk-in pantry in your kitchen.
A butler’s pantry can also include space for small kitchen appliances, microwaves, and more. Add an additional fridge, wine cooler, or beverage center is also perfect for a butler's or walk-in pantry.
You can add extra serving space here as well. Store extra drinks, appetizers, and more as you entertain large parties. You’ll love all the extra space and storage you’ve gained.
7. Wall-to-Wall Cabinetry or a MudroomDuring a kitchen remodel, this is your chance to add some much-needed storage. Aside from your main kitchen cabinets, consider an entire wall of cabinetry. This is perfect for slow cookers, toasters, or blenders you may not use every day.
You can also add cabinetry off a backdoor or garage to act as a mudroom. This space is a great place to store jackets, backpacks, lunch boxes, and sports equipment. This is a great alternative to having everything left on the floor.
Start Your Kitchen Remodel TodayA kitchen remodel is your chance to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted. From fixing a bad layout to adding some much-needed storage, use this time as a chance to make your kitchen your own.
If you’re ready to start your kitchen remodel project, fill out the contact form here. We’re ready to start turning your ideas into reality.